FIELD TRIALS 2018
FOR BREEDS THAT HUNT, POINT AND RETRIEVE
To be held under Kennel Club Ltd Rules and Field Trial Regulations
Kindly sponsored by Tuffies
STAKE 2 OPEN STAKE FOR 12 ANY VARIETY HPRs
As defined under Kennel Club Ltd Regulation J3d (1)
Date: Monday 5th November 2018
Venue: Altyre Estate, Forres by kind permission of Sir Alastair Gordon-Cumming, Bt
Judges: Mrs A Johnson (2185) Mr Bill Muircroft (3610)
Entry Fee: Member £20 per entry Non-Members £30 per entry
Closing Date: Saturday 20stOctober 2018
Draw: 12 noon on Sunday 21stOctober 2018 via Fosse data
Preference in the Draw will be as defined in Kennel Club Field Trial Regulation J7.i(4)
Prizes: 1st to 3rd NoSGA shields.
Meet: 8.45 amat the Village Hall, Edinkillie by Forres IV36 2QQ (Directions below)
STAKE 3 NOVICE STAKE FOR 12 ANY VARIETY HPRs
As defined under Kennel Club Ltd Regulation J3d (3)
Date: Tuesday 6th November 2018
Venue: Cawdor Estate, Nairn, Nairnshire by kind permission of Cawdor Estate & the Whitefold Syndicate
Judges: Mrs A Johnson (2185) Mr D Elliot (NP)
Entry Fee: Member £20 per entry Non-Members £30 per entry
Closing Date: Saturday 20st October 2018
Draw: 12 noon on Sunday 21st October 2018 via Fosse data
Preference in the Draw will be as defined in Kennel Club Field Trial Regulation J7.i(2)
Prizes: 1st to 3rd NoSGA shields.
Meet: 8.45 am at car parking area (Directions below)
ALL ENTRIES TO: http://www.fossedata.co.uk/fdft/ftLogin.asp
If you have not got computer/Internet access, then paper entry form to the FT secretary M.Canham
The result of the Draw will be available after the draw via the fossedata web site. If you do not use computers, please enclose a large stamped addressed envelope for the Draw with your paper entry
Please read the following General Information Notes carefully
THE NORTH OF SCOTLAND GUNDOG ASSOCIATION
1. Dogs entered at Kennel Club Ltd Licensed Field Trials must be registered at the Kennel Club Ltd in accordance with Kennel Club Ltd
Regulations for Classification and Registration B.
2. All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Ltd Authority to Compete number before entry to the Field Trial
canbe made. All overseas entries without an Authority to Compete number will be returned to the Competitor.
3. On-Line entry preferred but if a paper Entry Form is used: Please complete your entry form in legibleblock capitals.
4. Entry Fees: If paper entry is used and paying by cheque, a separate chequeis required for each entry. Fees must accompany paper entries.
5. Ownership: When a dog is in joint ownership, all owners must be members of the Association to qualify for Members’ preference
in the draw for the Open Stake. Please ensure that details of ownership are correct. If the dog is owned in partnership, all
owners must be named. Incorrect details could result in a Kennel Club fine. If you have applied to The Kennel Club for transfer of
ownership, please write TAF (transfer applied for) after the dog’s name.
6. Multiple Entries: Where an individual enters more than one dog in a stake, he/she must nominate his/her first choice
7. Stud Book Number: Please use a Stud Book number where appropriate in place of Registration number.
8. Ballot: If entries or nominations exceed the number of permitted runners, the right to compete shall be decided by ballot.
9. Draw: If you do not use computers and e-mail, please send a self-seal stamped addressed envelope for the result of the Draw.
10. Substitution of Dogs: The Association does not permit substitution of dogs while reserves stand.
11. Return of Entry Fees: Kennel Club rule J7.f applies.
12. The Association reserves the right to refuse entries.
13. Should circumstances so dictate, the Society, in consultation with the Judges, may alter arrangements as necessary. Such changes
and the circumstances surrounding them must be reported to the Kennel Club at the earliest opportunity.
14. No modification will be made to this Schedule except by permission of the Kennel Club, followed by advertisement in appropriate
journals if time permits before the closing of entries.
15. Judges at a Trial are prohibited from entering a dog which is recorded in their ownership or part ownership.
16. All competitors and spectators attending the trial must consider themselves under the orders of the officials and must follow
closely behind the flagman.
17. Videography and photography will only be permitted with the express permission of the Chief Steward and the host.
18. Trophy holders please ensure that cleantrophies are returned in time for the trial.
DOGS IN CARS ON HOT DAYS
Your dog is vulnerable and AT RISK if left in a vehicle in high temperatures and even on days considered as slightly warm. Please take care of your dog.
If your dog is found to be at risk, forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
WELFARE OF DOGS
Competitors whose dogs are entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure that the needs of their dogs are met and should not knowingly put their dogs’ health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise. A breach of this Regulation may be referred to the General Committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Ltd Rules and Regulations.
DEFINITION OF STAKES
Open Stake: A Stake in which dogs have the opportunity of gaining a qualification towards the title of Field Trial champion (K Regulations refer) and towards entry in the Championship in which entry is open to all dogs of a specified breed. It may be limited to a prescribed number of runners (J4 refers), in which case these shall be decided by a draw conducted in accordance with Regulation J7.i so that preference is given to previous performance.
Novice Stake: A Stake which is confined to dogs which have not gained a place which would qualify them for first preference in the draw for Open Stakes.
OPEN STAKE 1 Corriegarth
Directions: Corriegarth Estate is 20 miles SW of the A9 Perth to Inverness trunk road Nr Daviot.
From the A9 6.3 miles south of Inverness, nr Daviot , take the B851 SW towards Fort Augustus. After 13.4 miles keep left onto the B862. Pass the end of loch Mhor on your left and turn left at Bailebeag junction (See FT sign) Follow this road to the meeting place. Post Code : IV2 6UL.
OPEN STAKE 2 Altyre
From the southon the A9 take the right turn just north of Aviemore (A95).
Follow the A95 until you reach Grantown-on-Spey, go through the centre of
Grantown-on-Spey and take the A939 sign posted Forres.
Continue on the A939 until you reach the junction at Dava then take the A940.
Continue along this road towards Forres past Edinkillie Church until you reach the village hall at Edinkillie on your right.
From the northand the A9 take the A96 towards Aberdeen.
At Forres take the A940 towards Grantown-on-Spey.
Continue on past Logie, until you reach the village hall at Edinkillie on your left.
Postcode: IV36 2QQ (Nearest)
NOVICE STAKE Cawdor
From the south
Take the A96 from Inverness east towards Nairn. Before you reach Nairn take a right hand turn signposted Cawdor. When you approach Cawdor watch out for a large layby on the left (300m after the sharp left hand bend by farm) Meet here.
Field trial Secretary (HPRs)
Mr Mick Canham
Whinhill Farmhouse, Cawdor, Nairn IV12 5RF
Tel: 01667 404314 Mobile: 07741 040094
For entering a trial: http://www.fossedata.co.uk/fdft/ftLogin.asp
Contact details: Ida@fossedate.co.uk
Tel: 01945 461904 Mobile: 07703 747020
Fosse Data / Kennel Club
Online Field Trial Entry System
What is the Fosse Data/ Kennel Club Online System?
The Fosse Data Field Trial System was designed in co-operation with the Kennel Club to facilitate
entering Field Trials and Working Tests online.
Who can use it?
Anyone can register, enter their dog(s) into the system and enter trials online. Go to
and simply start with the New User button. The system will guide you
through the very simple process.
Whose Trials, Tests can I enter?
Clubs and Societies who adopt the system will list their Field Trials and/or Gundog Working Tests on
it. When you log in, click on Trials to see the full list.
Why can't I see all every Field Trial?
The systems only listed Field Trials for which your dogs are eligible to enter. So if your dogs are
Spaniels, you won't see trials for Retrievers or HPRs.
What will it cost me?
You will be charged an administration fee of £1.10 when you enter a trial. You will not be charged
the Trial or Test entry fee at this point, you will be charged the entry fee only if you actually run on
How many dogs can I enter?
You can register as many dogs as you wish on the system. You can enter up to 2 dogs into a Field Trial
as first and second preference dogs. You can change the preference at any time up to the point of
My dog has a just won a Field Trial
Congratulations! Now go and edit the dog's details, you'll see that there is a section for you to enter
the award. Remember to update it as you progress from Novice to Open.
I've entered a Trial. How will I know if I've got a run?
After entries for the trial has closed, the Field Trial Secretary will perform the draw which will then be
sent automatically to all those who have entered.
I don't want to enter online.
You don't have to. Send in your postal entry as normal.
Who can see my details?
Only you. Your personal details are recorded to comply with Kennel Club regulations for entries.
They won't be shared with anyone. Your email address will be used to communicate with you if
need be and to send you the draw.
We have dogs in different Ownerships
No problem. Simply set up a new Ownership or Partnership by registering each one as a New User
and choosing a new login Id.
I'm the Owner but not the Handler.
There is a space in the Owner Details for you to enter the name of the Handler.
When do entries close?
The date and time that entries close will be published on the Trial Schedule which is available from
the Club or Society concerned. This is programmed into the system which won't allow entries after
the scheduled time.
I need to withdraw from the Trial.
No problem. Log on and go to the trial concerned and then click on Dog Details, you will see a